All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
- Spectacularly renovated Dutch Colonial Farmhouse on one of Sycamore Park‘s best blocks
- Five bedrooms and four-and-half baths spread across two levels with great indoor-outdoor flow
- Grand public space with chef’s kitchen, dining room, and living room open and adjacent
- Collapsible wall opens from the main public space to the gorgeous and very private backyard
- Living room features built-in shelving, Samsung flatscreen with soundbar, and Sonos sound system
- Chef's kitchen features six-burner gas range by Wolf, Subzero refrigerator, and breakfast bar
- Carrara marble counters, tiled backsplash, and custom quiet close cabinetry
- Powder room, pantry, and laundry closet with Maytag appliances just off living area
- Backyard features grass terrace, patio with fire pit, wood deck, outdoor speakers, and privacy fence
- Secluded primary suite at rear of upper level, with huge walk-in closet and stunning view of Mt. Tam
- Primary bathroom features dual vanities, oversized shower stall with tub, and private water closet
- Two additional spacious bedrooms on upper level share a hallway bath and feature walk-in closets
- Bedrooms four and five offer versatility and privacy, and could easily be repurposed
- Wide-plank oak flooring, Nest thermostats, Nest protects, and dual-paned windows throughout
- Newly built garage has been purposed into a rec room with storage; easily converted back to garage
- Tesla charger, tankless hot water heater, air conditioning in select rooms, and keyless entry
- Steps to downtown Mill Valley, award-winning school district, and idyllic neighborhood setting!
Welcome to 106 Locust Avenue! Situated in Mill Valley‘s most desirable neighborhood, Sycamore Park, this spectacularly renovated Dutch Colonial Farmhouse boasts incredible curb appeal, a modern entertainment-style layout, and a multitude of outdoor living areas.
Behind a white picket fence lies a lush lawn, leading the eye to the home's striking architecture. A large front porch welcomes visitors and is lined with durable Ipe wood. Convenient keyless entry by Yale grants access to the ultimate Northern California dream home that awaits inside! Spanning two levels and featuring five bedrooms, four-and-a-half baths, this immaculate residence was extensively renovated in 2016.
A large, open great room connecting the chef's kitchen to the dining and living areas flows from front to back, with a collapsible wall opening to the gorgeously landscaped backyard. The layout is conducive to entertaining, whether it’s dinner parties, games nights, or outdoor barbecues!
The gleaming kitchen features a six-burner gas range by Wolf with hood ventilation, SubZero refrigerator / freezer, Miele dishwasher, sink with disposal, hot/cold water dispenser, integrated microwave, and custom quiet-close cabinetry. Handsome Carrara marble counters run the perimeter with a breakfast bar peninsula dividing the kitchen from the dining room. Gorgeous gold pendants hang from above, illuminating the breakfast bar. The cabinets feature handy sliding shelves, an appliance garage, and space to hang wine glasses.
Period bay windows grace the kitchen and dining rooms, and (newly refinished) wide-plank European white oak floors warm up this stunning interior. The living room features custom built-ins and includes a Samsung flatscreen TV, Sonos soundbar, and most notably a huge collapsible wall that leads to the home’s verdant backyard. On a nice day, collapsing the wall easily doubles the living space!
Integrated speakers are flush-mounted into the ceilings and continue outdoors, piping your favorite tunes throughout. The backyard features a wood deck just off the living room, a large grass terrace, a concrete patio with plumbed fire pit, and a privacy fence around the perimeter. Soak in rays, entertain, garden, play with the kids, or just enjoy the fragrant, professionally landscaped space in a lounge chair. Starry nights by the fire pit are a huge attraction as well!
Accessed from the backyard is an au pair suite, which could easily double as a home office, media room, or guest quarters. This space features a walk-in closet and en suite bath.
Back inside the main house is a centrally-located powder room, laundry closet with Maytag washer and dryer, and pantry. Rounding out the first level is bedroom number five, which could also be purposed into a home office or otherwise. This bedroom also features a private, en suite bath.
Upstairs and secluded for privacy at the rear of the property is the primary bedroom suite. This peaceful refuge offers a huge walk-in closet, luxuriously appointed bath, and unobstructed Mt. Tam views from the bed. The primary bathroom features dual vanities, an oversized stall shower with tub inside, multiple showerheads, beautiful marble tiles in a herringbone pattern within the shower stall. A separate water closet completes the bathroom.
Just off the upper hallway are two spacious bedrooms, both with walk-in closets, views to Mt. Tam and the surrounding hills, and a gorgeous full bath on the hallway. All bedrooms on the top floor have built-in storage systems in the closets, and discreet storage cubbies are located in the front bedroom.
The seller added a garage following the 2016 renovation. The garage space is currently utilized as a rec room and storage area. The space could easily be converted back to a garage if desired. The home also offers two car parking on the driveway and includes a Tesla charger and basketball hoop. HORSE anyone?
An exhaustive list of amenities awaits the lucky new owner, including Nest thermostats, Nest protects, tankless hot water, air conditioning in select rooms, soundproofing for the primary bedroom suite, and much more. All this just steps to downtown Mill Valley, easy 101 access, above the Miller Creek floodplain, and on one of Sycamore Park’s best blocks, hands down.
Please contact the Payton + Binnings Team at Artemis Real Estate to schedule a private tour or attend one of our upcoming open houses. With an A+ location, fully turn-key home, modern floor plan, and best block of Sycamore Park, this one is quite simply a must-see!
Family-friendly Mill Valley is all about schools and sports. Nestled at the foot of Mount Tamalpais, homes in the Marin County city range from 500-square-foot hunter's cabins to multimillion-dollar mansions tucked away on winding, narrow lanes under the redwoods.
Coffee is king in Mill Valley. Downtown, three separate coffee shops do a brisk business. At the Depot, as the sunny town center is called, moms with strollers, kids on tricycles, and teenagers kicking hacky sacks relax in the open-air plaza, which now houses an independent bookstore and cafe. The Depot is also a jumping-off spot for hikers and mountain bikers heading up the slopes of Mount Tamalpais.
Celebrity chefs and Michelin-starred restaurants are huge attractions in Mill Valley. Brandon Jew of Mamahuhu and Mr. Jiu's in San Francisco has eyed Mill Valley and per SF Eater, will be opening a new restaurant.
Nightlife in Mill Valley is anchored by Sweetwater Music Hall, which hosts many well-known musical acts. As the groomed playing fields at the community center attest, sports are big in Mill Valley, with soccer, baseball, and lacrosse leagues all popular.
Public Open Houses:
Wednesday, July 14, 10AM to 12PM
Sunday, July 18, 2-4PM
Wednesday, July 14, 10AM to 12PM Hosted
Wednesday, July 14, 12PM to 4PM via Supra Lockbox
Payton+Binnings is one of the Bay Area's most successful agent teams, consistently ranked among the top-performing agents in San Francisco and Marin. Click the logo to learn more!
The Payton+Binnings Team works at Artemis Real Estate, one of San Francisco and Marin's premier boutique real estate firms. Please click the logo to learn more about Artemis!